Tanya Borowski ltd ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Tanya Borowski ltd, Unit F2, Old Needlemakers, West Street, Lewes, East Sussex, BN7 2NZ, UK
Our nominated Data Protection Officer for the purpose of the Act is Tanya Borowski.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect, process and hold the following data to support your health and well-being. The information we hold about you includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.tanyaborowski.com. This includes:
- Your name and date of birth
- Contact details – e.g. address, phone number/s, email address
- Relevant medical and special needs information
- Personal information and media consent
- Details of when and why you first contacted Tanya Borowski Ltd
- Information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information [when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Tanya Borowski ltd, and when you report a problem with our site.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site [including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We only obtain data from you for which you have given consent and do not use implicit data or data collected from third parties.
We will never sell or rent your information to third parties and will never share your information with third parties for marketing purposes. We will never share your information with any third parties unless required by law.
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity and for the duration of your contact with Tanya Borowski Ltd. We will then hold your personal information for up to 7 years after your departure from Tanya Borowski Ltd in a secure environment. (see- where we store and manage your personal data).
How we use your information
We will use your information to:
- Liaise with you about appointments, events, webinars and general support
- Process your appointments and product orders
- Use medical records and health histories for the duration of the treatment under Tanya’s care.
- Any medical or functional testing that is conducted over the course of your treatment will be shared with the processing laboratory as required. The tests results will be stored in secure systems.
- We use an external backup system which secures data using either 448-bit Blowfish or 256-bit AES encryption. This data is stored within the jurisdiction of the EU.
- Notify you of any changes to our services
- Send communications which you have requested.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
ALL information relevant to Tanya Borowski Ltd, and its clients are stored and managed in the following way:
- All electronic devices have passwords or passcodes that are changed every 6 months. All Tanya Borowski Ltd email accounts are fully secure and passwords are changed every 6 months
- We log off or lock all of our electronic devices when away from them (iPhone, iPad, laptop)
- We keep all confidential paper in a secure file when at the workplace.
- We prevent virus attacks by taking care when opening emails and attachments or visiting new websites
- Registers include emergency contact details and any medical information.
- We keep back-ups of all your information and our external hard-drives are updated every 3 months
- All discarded paperwork is destroyed using a shredder.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details onto third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (client forms, website or e-marketing sign ups).
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Tanya Borowski ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
You can ask to see the information we hold about you
If you want to see a copy of the data we hold and use about you, then please contact one of our Data Protection Officers, Tanya Borowski:
You have the right to request we erase any data we hold about you
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from Tanya Borowski Ltd. If you do not want to receive direct marketing communications from us then you can select ‘unsubscribe’ from our emails.
If you change your information
What happens if you 'opt out'?
Tanya Borowski Ltd uses email, letters and telephone to contact our clients. If you ‘opt out’ of us storing your details, please be aware that we be unable to provide our services to you.