Functional Day Retreat - Taming Inflammation, Inflamm-ageing & Autoimmunity *******SOLD OUT*******
Wednesday 22nd May 2019 | 10.00am - 16:30pm | Hawthbush Farm, Sussex
Do you struggle with unexplained symptoms of inflammation, such as pain, brain fog, fatigue, joint pain, depression, anxiety or digestive problems.
Have you been diagnosed with an autoimmune or inflammatory condition, such as Hashimto’s Thyroiditis, Crohn’s Disease, ulcerative colitis, Chronic UTI’s, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Eczema, Psoriasis or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
If you answer yes to any of the above then my “Immune System pillar ” Day Retreat is written for you! You will learn how to lessen autoimmune symptoms, dampen inflammation and balance your immune system through a functional medicine approach and delicious therapeutic foods.
In a Functional Medicine approach to health care there are four fundamental "pillars of health" that all need to be in balance to achieve optimal wellness. The pillars are:
Over the course of the year I will run a Functional Day Retreat focusing on each pillar of health to help you achieve optimal wellness. I have put together these day retreats to make this information accessible to more folk than those just working with me on a 1:1 basis on my consultation packages. You can choose to do all four or just a couple, and in any order.
In this retreat, we take a deep dive into understanding Immune System imbalances and overcoming the root causes of chronic inflammation.
I look forward to sharing my passion and knowledge with you.
Hosted and curated by Tanya Borowski, a fully Certified IFM Practitioner with a specialist interest in the gut and its associated immune system. Tanya is a global speaker at conferences on functional gastrointestinal & Thyroid health and is at the forefront of new research in this area.
Over the course of the day, Tanya will present her in-depth knowledge and up to date research to cover the key functional roles of the gut-immune system. You’ll learn how lifestyle & environmental factors can disrupt this delicate system and lead to symptoms and inflammation. You will learn how to work on these factors, be given many tools through combining nutritional, lifestyle and supplemental advice to better optimise your overall immune health.
This dynamic and innovative Day Retreat is set at Hawthbush Farm, in beautiful East Sussex. Masterclasses will take place in the studio of a cosy converted barn overlooking a stunning meadow, with the Sussex Downs as a backdrop. Practical workshops and cooking demos take place in a rustic open plan kitchen setting in the afternoon. You’ll also enjoy a delicious anti-inflammatory and microbiome boosting lunch.
This event has been created by Tanya to be able to deliver her knowledge and clinical insights within a small group setting for participants to get the most out of the day, as such has been limited to 25 attendees.
Your Day Retreat Includes:
○ Masterclass: Understanding The gut immune system & Overcoming Root Causes of Imbalance by Tanya Borowski
○ A gut-brain mindfulness and yoga-based practicum workshop by Emma Massingham. Mental and emotional states have a well-documented effect on physical health. We know that when exposed to certain stressful situations humans excrete a hormone called cortisol. If not properly utilized by the body (i.e. fighting or running away from the stressor as per the fight or flight response) cortisol does cause systemic inflammation in the body leading to a host of dis-ease. It is important that we learn stress management techniques to help rid our bodies of excess cortisol and decrease our inflammation.
○ 'Taming the Inflammatory Fire’ practical workshop by Tanya Borowski, covering which foods and Nutraceutical supplements to use & why, followed by a detailed cookery demonstration from both Tanya & Lucie Hawkes of Wild Alchemy.
○ A delicious Anti-inflammatory and Gut microbiome boosting lunch by Wild Alchemy Food.
○ Q&A sessions following each masterclass, workshop & seminar
○ Your takeaway Anti-inflammatory 'Reset' toolkit written by Tanya (includes Recipe Book and Food Plan)
○ Transfers to and from Lewes train station (at selected times)
○ A tote bag full of health and wellbeing goodies from Tanya’s Health and Wellbeing Store
○ The underlying factors that set the stage for autoimmune-inflammation spectrum disorders like Hashimto’s Thyroiditis, Crohn’s Disease, ulcerative colitis, Chronic UTI’s, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Eczema and Psoriasis
○ The triggers that can cause an autoimmune or inflammatory flare-up.
○ What the research is now saying as to why we have seen an explosion of autoimmune & inflammatory conditions such as, rheumatoid arthritis, coeliac disease, autoimmune thyroid disorders
○ Which foods to eat and to avoid to fight inflammation and balance the immune system.
○ Advanced natural functional medicine tools to calm inflammation.
○ How to restore and ensure barrier integrity and create a healthy microbiome- immune interface
○ A step-by-step walk-of possible testing considerations as it applies to your individual case
The Workshop: Taming the Inflammatory Fire; a practical and seminar based session after lunch in the beautiful kitchen. We will discuss and showcase practical ways to build and restore Immune Health and how to restore breaches in the Gut Barrier and demo recipes and menus that you can easily integrate into a family and busy lifestyle.
Our Pop up store with:
○ High-grade supplements specifically for gut, immune and inflammation - options will be discussed as they relate to your individual presentation and needs;
○ Organic skin care free of any nasty hormone disruptors; and
○ Private consultation table hosted by Tanya for you to have 10 minutes 1:1 time if needed after the masterclass & workshop.
ResetThe mind and body during a pre-lunch 45-minute mindfulness and yoga-based practicum by Emma Massingham
With a delicious lunch by Wild Alchemy
Leave with a Tote bag full of health and wellbeing goodies from Tanya’s Health and Wellbeing Store and your Anti-inflammatory Reset toolkit (toolkit includes recipe book and food plan).
Hawthbush Farm is a 140-acre organic farm in the heart of East Sussex. The buildings have been beautifully converted and whitewashed in organic clay paints with stripped floorboards and large French doors, immersing you in the Sussex countryside. Hawthbush has it's very own spring water source, drawn from 100ft below the organic land, to provide water for everything on the farm. We will be running transfers to and from Lewes station, a 20-minute drive.
Early Bird £195 (ends 12th April 2019) Full Price £225
Please book online or call 01273 479011 with any queries.
Due to the bespoke nature of this retreat, taking only 25 persons, we expect the slots to be reserved quickly so would recommend that you book now to avoid disappointment.